Estate Planning & Living Trusts
39. Follow our Five-Step Action Plan
Follow our Five-Step Action Plan:
1. Write down your objectives. Whom do you want to receive your assets after you die -- and when? Whom do you want to manage your financial affairs -- and make medical decisions -- for you when you can't?
2. Inventory your assets and debts. Find out how much you own.
3. Select a professional to help: someone with whom you will be comfortable sharing this information, who can answer your questions and who will be there when you need him or her.
4. Have the legal documents prepared.
5. Change titles to your living trust. Remember, a living trust can only control the assets you put into it.