Understanding Charitable Remainder Trusts
How to Secure a Lifetime Income, Save Taxes & Benefit a Charity
- What does a CRT do?
- How does a CRT work?
- Why not sell the asset myself and re-invest?
- What happens if they use a CRT?
- What are my income choices?
- Can I receive a fixed income instead?
- Who can receive income from the trust?
- Do I have to take the income now?
- How is the income tax deduction determined?
- What kinds of assets are suitable?
- Who should be the trustee?
- Do I still have some control?
- Can I make any other changes?
- Sounds great for me. But if I give away the asset, what about my children?
- Why use a life insurance trust?
- So what's the catch?
- Benefits of a Charitable Remainder Trust
- Should I seek professional assistance?