Understanding Life Insurance Trusts
How to Reduce or Eliminate Your Estate Tax Cost
- What does a life insurance trust do?
- What are estate taxes?
- Who has to pay estate taxes?
- What makes up my net estate?
- How does an insurance trust reduce estate taxes?
- What if my estate is larger than this?
- How does an irrevocable insurance trust work?
- Can I be my own trustee?
- Why not just name someone else as owner of my insurance policy?
- How does an insurance trust give me more control?
- Are there other benefits to naming the trust as beneficiary of an insurance policy?
- Who can be beneficiaries of the trust?
- Where does the trustee get the money to purchase a new insurance policy?
- Are there any restrictions on transferring my existing policies to an insurance trust?
- Can I make any changes to the trust?
- When should I set up an insurance trust?
- Should I seek professional assistance?
- Benefits of a Life Insurance Trust